Enter hilarious blog title here


*HUGS* TOTAL! give Ali more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Thursday, December 30, 2004

I swear that my Dad is trying to fatten me up. But not to eat me or anything (i.e. like Hansel in Hansel and Gretel), 'cos that would be weird. A few weeks ago, my Dad and I went to my grandma's house. She commented that I look much thinner. Since then, my Dad has been making me eat more food. And since he is on holiday leave, every hour or so he would ask if I want anything to eat.

Well, that's my holiday so far, hope everyone else's was as good.

Our whole extended family went out to a restaurant on Tuesday. After we had finished dinner, my sister bought a fortune cookie. It costed 50cents... so expensive! Anyway, I thought the fortune was quite funny, so that's the random quote of the day!

Random Quote of the Day: "A clear conscience is far more valuable than money."

Yeah Angela, give me back the money you stole from me! Hehe.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

Nah, not that much weight! And I do enjoy what my Dad makes for me... except that the bacon was soaked in oil... but still good!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alison!
dont u think Chinese food is very unhealthy?... well i think so... From: Simon Ow

10:50 PM  
Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

Hey Simon!

Yeah, Chinese food is heaps unhealthy. Especially when my Dad makes it. And weird rules too. Why can't you eat chicken when you have a cough??

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question: Why can't you eat chicken when you have cough???
Answer: Because you will cough like a chicken.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

Cough like a chicken? How does a chicken cough?

11:14 PM  
Blogger jeffyen is really cool because Blogger jeffyen said...

Welcome to the strange and intriguing world of Chinese medicine, how empirical it is, I'm not sure... :)

"When Chinese people catch a cold, we believe you catch a wind inside," he said, "so don't eat bok choi or cabbage because it creates lots of wind and you get more cough.

"You can't eat chicken," he said, "because it holds the fever in your body. The Chinese way is to get the fever out."

"My favorite American cold remedy," I told Mr. Lau, "is chicken soup."

"This is true?" he asked incredulously.

I nodded. He shook his head. "We always tell people, don't eat the chicken."
Source: http://www.chinatownhi.com/cold.asp

10:42 AM  
Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

You should test this theory so it will be empirically sound/unsound.

But yeah, I am in favour of the chicken soup!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alison!
What the heck... just have the chicken soup and prove the theory wrong. well.. if u can overcome allergies by eating what you're allergic to, then you can also disprove theories by doing what the theory tells you not to. ... Simon Ow

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home