Enter hilarious blog title here: Woolies


*HUGS* TOTAL! give Ali more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Woolies

Today is the 9th of December. I always lose track of days when I'm on holidays. This whole week has been so hot!! Hopefully the rest of the summer won't be like this.

Did you know that Woolworths turns 80 this month? Back in December 1924, Woolworths Stupendous Bargain Basement opened its doors in Sydney. Today, there are 708 stores right across Australia. I read this in the Woolworths' magazine Australian Good Taste: The food magazine with more.

And not sure about the punctuation: is it Woolworths, Woolworths's, or Woolworths' to signify ownership? I can tell those years at public schools really helped my grammar. I chose Woolworths'. Gotta love those apostrophes. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

Amy!

The most consistent comment giver on my blog!

Yes, will be changing the name of this blog soon, but not yet, so I don't have to worry yet! ;)

12:30 AM  
Blogger jeffyen is really cool because Blogger jeffyen said...

hey alison, i have almost exactly the same problem with my favourite supermarket! I don't know whether it's woolsworth or woolworths! the first one sounds like woool'sworth and it actually makes some sense, the worth of wool, which is quite substantial. The latter doesn't make much sense, but it's the correct spelling LOL

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home