Enter hilarious blog title here: Enter title here


*HUGS* TOTAL! give Ali more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Enter title here

I would've posted something earlier (seeing how I'm on holidays now), but I have nothing remotely interesting to say.

Happy birthday to Fred who turns "late 20s" tomorrow. Wahah..

Went for the child's first aid course on Wednesday. Did you know that the Heimlich Manoeuvre isn't the best way to help a choking person? Apparantly this technique can cause the item to be lodged even further into your throat. You're supposed to bend the person over a chair and hit their back. Wow, the things you learn.

I'm liking the summer weather so far. Not too hot yet. Hopefully this year won't get in the low 40s, where you can feel the sun's rays burning your skin... and you're inside!

Random Quote of the Day: "The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum." -- Havelock Ellis

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey..I thought the best one was laying the person down on the side and pump-pressing with slight pressure?

I was trying to tie a sling yesterday but I forgot the proper way..

yes, may the temperatures stay around this range. =-)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Tralagal is really cool because Blogger Tralagal said...

Heimlich... is that German?
Oscar's family is German so I hear a lot of it.. haha. And so Henry, Oscar's older brother's, name is Heinrich.. can you hear the cchttt throat-ness of the name? haha.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

Yeah, you do the side pumping thing if the hitting doesn't work. But I didn't say that because I can't explain it.

And I would guess it's German, with the "lich" part of the word. Haha.

1:24 PM  
Blogger hooi is really cool because Blogger hooi said...

did you guys do anything for fred's b'day?? hehe...he's officially OLD!!!!!!!!!! no more just a little over quarter of a century...hehehe...let's dig it in.....and pray hard that we won't get the same when our time comes

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be optimistic atm... but some how doesnt feel that way.

anyways ...ahah... can someone choke right now..haha.. so i can hit somone..hahah

take cares!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

Yes, Fred's b'day ended up being a surprise to him, even though I DID sms him about the cell having dinner with him. God's divine wisdom right?

Amy, cheer up! Hope everything works out okay. Let me know! Don't let it stop you from having a great holiday!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home