Enter hilarious blog title here: Cubs


*HUGS* TOTAL! give Ali more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Cubs

Listening to breakfast radio when driving to work on Wednesday. I like Em, Wippa, and Ollie (92.9). But I switch stations a lot, so listening to Nathan and Nat (Nova, 93.7), they were talking about Cubs. I thought it was hilarious. :]

Do you know how there are labels for people??
Yuppies, Dinks (Double Income No Kids)...

But how do you know if your a cub?

Do you live on the outskirts of Perth?
Are you a skilled worker earning 100,000 a year?
Do you have a ute/plasma TV/jet ski?

If you answered 'yes', then you're a cub. A Cashed Up Bogan. Apparantly there's a lot of them around in Perth nowadays. Which does highlight one thing for me:

You can earn a decent (or more than decent) living without going to uni. But, education is the key, as the skilled workers would've done some course/apprenticeship in their lifetime.

Famous cubs? (according to Nathan and Nat) Shane Warne, Bec Cartwright and Lleyton Hewitt...

Not sure what a bogan is? Click here for the Wikipedia article.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison, do you dream of becoming a bogan? I thought Joe Trig would make a good bogan. From: Simon Ow

2:14 PM  
Blogger Joe is really cool because Blogger Joe said...

Um.....if you think I'm working class, Simon....

I think people who pine for portable toilet attachments have the air of bogan-ness, myself.
And maybe that Nova breakfast crew should point their finger at themselves....

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ali yeah I read that too and that is funny cos that is exactly what Steve n all his friends are too!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops that was from Lauren I forgot to put.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha cub's hilarious!

I've always wanted a jetski....and a ute...and hey, 100k a year doesn't sound too bad...

7:45 PM  
Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

Yeah, I can just imagine Joe with a mullet.

Lauren! Yeah, I can sort of picture Steve as a cub..

Who's that last comment from??

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO! I'm definitely NOT a cub! haah
thats kinda sad, yet I live a happy life so its all good mate!

but i still wish i had a plasma.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison, no new posting recently??? or are you busy studying?... Simon Ow

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home