Enter hilarious blog title here


*HUGS* TOTAL! give Ali more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

*OOPS*

Didn't realise I was gone for so long. It's so easy not to post.

Its been a few weeks, eh?? Doesn't seem like very long. I've gotten to the stage where I have to think a while before I know what the day is. And I only remember if there's something good to watch on TV that night. How depressing.

And even more depressing, I'll be looking back on these times and say, "those were the best years of my life."

Anyway, I found out on Thursday that Joshua, one of my autistic kids, can speak Spanish. And he is definately not Spanish. So, we were doing this task which involved dot cards (exactly how it sounds, a few dots on a card) and he had to say how many dots there were altogether. Autistic kids have really good visuo-spatial skills, so its a good way of teaching maths. But I'm getting off track. Anyway, it went something like this:

Me: How many? [shows a dot card of 5]
J: Uno, dos, tres... (continues until he gets up to five)
J: Five!!
Me: Excellent!
My face: ----> :O

By the way, I had to look up the spelling of the Spanish numbers. I wouldn't have a clue what language he was speaking, but I asked his mother later. Apparantly her mother-in-law teaches Spanish to the kids sometimes. I thought it was hilarious.

Happy birthday Lauren! :]

Random Quote of the Day: "If you are foolish to be contented, don't show it, but grumble with the rest." -- Jerome K. Jerome

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alison,
Spanish is an interesting language. My housemate speaks Spanish and he was born in El Salvador (Central America). Does Joshua (your kid) have a darkish South/Central American look?
From: Simon Ow

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Ali, yes long long time since u posted!

the only lang i'm intersted in now, is sign language, so so fun~ hehe

have fun at uni btw!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jul Jul, what type of sign language are you learning? American or Auslan? I learnt American. ... Simon Ow

10:25 AM  
Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

Simon, haven't heard from you in awhile, you haven't been commenting recently!! Hope everything's been going okay in "the heart of the nation".

I'm pretty sure Joshua isn't South American. And neither is his parents.

Amy, I think its so cool that you're learning sign language. Its a really useful thing to have!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ali!! How are u? Just thought I'd say Hi. Post more often, I love reading ur blog! Christine

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alison,

Yes it's been a while since I last posted a comment. I actually totally forgot about visiting people's blogs for about 2 weeks. Last week when I was at the public library checking my email (because I don't have a computer at home), I am wondering... something's missing... something's missing... and then I remember that I could visit your blog!

Blessings from the HEART of the nation,
Simon Ow

7:01 AM  
Blogger Joe is really cool because Blogger Joe said...

Anyone knows how to speak Spanish from 1 to 3....u just listen to "Vertigo" by U2.

Alternatively, you could really screw with the kids mind by counting in Italian, which is almost exactlty the same but not quite.
"Uno, due, tre, quattro, cinque", etc.

Hah! Beat that comment!



(actually, that shouldn't be too hard)

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, I'm learning AUSLAN, they didnt have the American one, i wonder if its very different??

maybe we can practice sometime..haha =)

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home