Enter hilarious blog title here: Update on psych at UWA


*HUGS* TOTAL! give Ali more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Friday, March 03, 2006

Update on psych at UWA

G25 has lost major coolness points. No more printer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only people in 4th year (and above) can access the printer. Which is still okay, since I'm in 4th year, except that the printer is located on the 2nd floor of the psych building. Which is not near any computers. :'[

Just to let you guys know that I didn't get David Sang as a supervisor (woohoo!), but I got Davina French and Murray Maybery (woohoo!). Our group is looking at functioning in families with children with autism. Sounds really great! So excited!

And good old Dan Milech is being replaced by some French-Canadian dude. :[

A very weird thing I found out recently. Other psych-related people would've heard of a researcher called Baron-Cohen (not sure his first name?) Very famous psychologist, does heaps of research in a wide variety of subjects. Well, his brother is Sasha Baron-Cohen, also known as Ali G. Ali G! Whoa! Doesn't sound like its true, but how common is the Baron hyphen Cohen last name? Not very, right?

No random quote as I don't wanna waste my KB searching the net for a quote. :]

Ooh, and Cass, my new kid's name is Joshua. :] He's such a cutie.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tralagal is really cool because Blogger Tralagal said...

I'M THE FIRSTTTTTTTTTTTTT!! haha i'm such a dork but i have NEVER seen "0 comments" ever before here so WOOPWOOPEEDOOO! haha.

No wonder Baron-Cohen sounded so familiar! Haha, I tried to think if my intro psych book mentioned him (but i doubt it) so it's probably Ali G I was thinking about. I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT! :p

Aww Joshua :) How old is he?

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

no printing?? oh man, the poor psych students are gonna go broke..
Davina french is cool, but murray not so cool~ haha
and a Canadian.. oh man.. y am i at murdoch *sighs*

Baron-Cohen..is he the one taking about empathatic and systematic, female/male brains...extending to autism which is ur topic..icici.
i think i did that for my exam.. so i remember..haha.. not sure abt first name ~

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh great! your project sounds perfect for you =)

whats this about the printers eh. they took 4 years to finally do something about non psych people cheating the dept for free printing! now what am I going to do for printing when I want it?

12:38 AM  
Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

Haha Cass, congratulations. :] Didn't realise it was such an honour!

Josh was born in 1999, so he'd be around 6-7 years.

I don't even know how I'm supposed to print stuff out. And I feel sorry for all the 3rd years, I remember how much printing I had to do...

11:45 AM  
Blogger jeffyen is really cool because Blogger jeffyen said...

LOL Baron-Cohen was the subject of the very first lab report we did in year 1 psy 100. (It's about 'theory of mind') I got a 95% for that report, and then it all went downhill from there!

Hey, alison, i was doing some treasure hunting at near the uniclub so popped into g25, but didn't see you there hahaha

12:51 PM  
Blogger Tralagal is really cool because Blogger Tralagal said...

*yaWn*

UPDATE!!

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home