Enter hilarious blog title here: Reject!


*HUGS* TOTAL! give Ali more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Reject!

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THAT MEDIOCRE WAS SPELT WRONG IN MY TITLE??? I HAD IT AS MEDICORE AND NO ONE CORRECTED ME!! I feel like a dumbass now. Luckily, my sister is not that dumb and she noticed that it was spelt wrong.

Anyway, I went to give blood today. Don't get too happy yet Simon, as they rejected me. Usually, my haemoglobin level is around 120-135. You need at least 120 to be able to give blood (normal range is 115-165). The prick on my finger said that my haemoglobin level was 108. So the nurse did another test on me, and extracted more blood from my arm this time. She checked this and the results showed my level as 114. So I couldn't give blood. =O[

The worst part of this story is that if my parents find out, I will probably have to drink beef soup for the rest of my life.

Random Quote of the Day: "Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late."

9 Comments:

Blogger jeffyen is really cool because Blogger jeffyen said...

Well, I thought it was done on purpose, to emphasize how mediocre it is! LOL

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison, don't give up. I've seen worse cases. Well, you probably just need some iron tablets. Go and see your GP for some advice. I haven't been donating plasma regularly in Canberra because there is only one Red Cross blood centre here and they are severely understaffed...
anyway, try to encourage your friends to donate blood with you!
Blessings,
Simon Ow

9:21 AM  
Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

Jeff: Yeah, it was sort of like ironic title...

Simon: It's weird though. I've given blood about 6 or 7 times and my iron levels were fine. I don't feel any different since then.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe u need to go and visit a doctor to find out. did the nurse advise why your iron levels dropped?... Simon Ow

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Btw, did you managed to drag Alaistair and Fred to donate blood with you???... Simon Ow

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure beef soup is good for you ah~ perhaps your parents can hav different types of beef soup..hehe..

I can NEVER give blood... I hate needles... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
I'll rather DIE!!!!

Jul Jul

7:39 AM  
Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

Simon: As if they would go! But I think my bro does go by himself. And the nurse did some tests on me. She said that I'll get the results in about 2 weeks.

Amy: Yeah, there's 2 types of soup they make me drink -- beef soup and chicken soup.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous is really cool because Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alison,
I just remembered that I was in a similar situation as you. My haemoglobin level has always been quite high but there was just this one week when I went to donate plasma and the nurse said my haemoglobin was unusually low but thankfully, it just made it into the acceptable range. The nurse said that the drop in haemoglobin levels could be due to stress or change in dietary patterns, or suddenly exercising a lot. Does any of these ring a bell?... Simon Ow

5:47 AM  
Blogger Ali is really cool because Blogger Ali said...

No, I haven't changed my diet at all. And I'm not exercising a lot (or at all)..

Stress? What stress? Oh well, I'll just see the results when they come. :)

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home